Today’s review is going to be of the Wet ‘N’ Wild Walking On Eggshells Eyeshadow Trio, if you are familiar with the brand you know is very affordable.
The first time I’ve heard about it I couldn’t believe that a drugstore eyeshadow could perform like an high end one. Let’s just say, I’m a bit of a snob when it comes to shadows, I never like the affordable ones.
That being said I’m always willing to give it a try. You get three colours in this trio (really Mimi?! Could you be more obvious) and it comes with a tiny brush and a sponge applicator which I’ve lost ages ago.
You can get it here for about 6£.
The packaging is very cheap. Nothing fancy here, but the pan size is fairly generous which I definitely appreciate.
PIGMENTATION & FORMULA
The shades are divided in three functions (?), obviously you can use them however you want but according to the indications you have:
- BROWBONE: Soft ivory, it’s definitely shimmery but not as shimmer as the other two, it’s the least pigmented (which I appreciate if I want to use it on the browbone, as I don’t want a strong colour there) but it’s super creamy. It doesn’t have any fallout and it’s super easy to blend.
- CREASE: Medium bronze, very shimmery and so pretty, I’d have preferred a matt shade for the crease, indeed this is gorgeous, it’s very easy to blend and has a little bit of fall down.
- EYELID: Rosy champagne, I have a soft spot for this kind of shades and has you can see the writing is almost completely gone as I use this shade the most. Like the other two is very creamy, easy to blend and it doesn’t fall.
With a primer they last about 10 hours before fading, but I don’t tend to wear make up for longer than that anyway.
It was very easy to create this look, I only wish I had a matt brown to create some dimension in the crease.
If you only have this trio you can use your bronzer in the crease.
Overall the shades really complement each other and they blended very easily.
Browbone: Urban Decay Bootycall (Naked2) is more golden.
- Urban Decay (Naked) Smog: more neutral but very similar
- Urban Decay (Naked2) Snakebite: darker, cooler
- Urban Decay (Naked) Sin: is pretty much identical.
- MAC Naked Lunch: lighter, more golden
- Anastasia Vermeer: lighter, whiter
- Colour: 7/10
- Longevity: 9/10
- Application: 8/10
- Texture: 8/10
- Pigmentation: 8/10
- Packaging: 5/10
I like this shadows a lot, I don’t usually use them because I have so many and without the crease shade I find it quite unconvenient. If you are on a thight budget or a beginner you would totally love it, as the quality is top noach and the pigmentation is great. Definitely a good affordable option if you don’t have many products.
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
Follow @blushydarling on:
The links in the post are affiliate, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.