Summer means Festival Season and Festival (obviously) means gold freckles and a line on the lips! Today’s #MakeupMonday is perfect for whenever you feel creative (kind of) but you need your make up to stay on all day.
It’s warm smokey eye with a pop of purple on the lower lash line and of course gold freckles. I really wanted to step away from my comfort zone and do something quite different from my Everyday Make Up. You can obviously skip the golden details to make the look more wearable.
- Primer: Dr.Brandt Pores No More, This primer makes my foundation last longer, it keeps me matt for hours and my pores disappear.
- Foundation: L’Oréal Infallible 24H Matte, It’s lightweight, medium coverage, satin finish and it’s long lasting. I love it because makes my skin looks so perfect yet natural. I blend it on my face with a Flat Kabuki (Zoeva 104) brush for a flawless finish. I wear the shade Natural Rose which is a perfect match for me.
- Concealers: Maybelline Age Rewind, I used it to conceal my dark circles and to highlight my forehead, nose and chin for a softly sculpted look. My shade is Light.
- Powder: Maybelline Matte Maker, As you can see I hit pan on mine, it’s not heavy or powdery but it keeps me matt all day long. My shade is 20 Nude Beige.
- Bronzer: Nars Bronzer in Laguna, The one I have is in this palette, that was limited edition, but I also have the full size. I LOVE this bronzer, it does have a soft shimmer but nothing too heavy or glittery. It’s just a pretty shin. I used it to give a soft bronze on the perimeter of my face.
- Blush: Nars Blush in Deep Throat, Again I have this colour in the same palette (top middle row), but this shade it’s also permanent and one of Nars’s best sellers, for good reasons! The colour is a stunning peach with gold reflex. It’s like a muted, less shimmery version of Orgasm but, I personally like it better because I have larger pores and this doesn’t enhance them like Orgasm would.
- Highlighter: Dior Diorskin Nude Air Luminizer in 001, I feel like if I mention this product again you will kill me but I’m so in love with it, it’s not even funny. I put it on top of my cheekbones, forehead and nose.
- Gold Details: Catrice Kaviar Gauche, Unfortunately, this product was limited edition but Maybelline does one that is very similar, it’s just a gold cream shadow. I used it to create fake freckles on my cheeks and nose and then to highlight my cupid’s bow and to draw a line on my bottom lip. To do everything the best tool is an angled eyeliner brush (Zoeva 317) I used the flat side to draw the lip line and the point to do the dots.
- Brows: NYX Tame and Frame Brow Pomade + Maybelline Browprecise Fiber Mascara, I’ve used the pomade to fill in the gaps I have. The best way to apply it with an angled brush (Zoeva 322) and use a spooly to blend it in. Then to set it I love to use the fibre mascara. It sets them and makes them super thick and bushy and really natural. Shades are Brunette (NYX) and Medium Brown (Maybelline).
- Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion, I put it all over the lids up to the browbones and also under the eyes.
I put some scotch tape on the sides of my eyes to create a sharper line.
- Eyeshadows: Anastasia Modern Renaissance, MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE PALETTE, you are going to see her a lot on this blog. Today I used the shades Burnt Orange and Raw Sienna in the crease with a soft brush (Zoeva 227), then with a flat brush (Zoeva 234) I put Primavera mixed with the Dior Highlighter on the lid, then I used Cyprus Umber on the outer corner with pencil brush (Zoeva 230) and blended all the shades together with a clean brush (Zoeva 227 I have multiples of it). On top of them, I used Realgar. I used Tempera on the browbone. Lastly, I put the Catrice Cream Shadow on the inner corner. I used two Eyeliners: a liquid one, the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper and a pencil, the Sephora Kohl and Liner in Intense Black. I use the first one to do a winged liner on my lid, then I’ve smudged it with the Cypruss Umber shade to make it nice and smokey, and the second one to line the upper and lower inner rhyme of my eye, then I used MAC Parfait Amour Eyeshadow to smoke out the lower lash line.
- Mascara: Essence Volume and Stylist Mascara, I applied a lot of it on my top and bottom lashes.
- Lipstick: EOS Coconut Milk Lip Balm, After drawing the gold line I dabbed some lip balm on my lips just to give them some glossiness and moisture.
To set everything in place I used the Essence Instant Matt Setting Spray.
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts. If you recreate this look don’t forget to tag me @blushydarling and use the #MakeupMonday. Please subscribe to my social media and to the newsletter: all the links are in the sidebar.