If you know me you KNOW I’m OBSESSED with Tv Shows and recently I’ve started (And already finished it) Riverdale and I totally fell in love (…with Cole Sprouse duh!) with Veronica Lodge‘s character and look.
She is strong and fierce and determinated… Ok I’m not going to spend hours talking about this, just if you haven’t seen Riverdale, go watch it, it’s AMAZING!
Back to Veronica’s look: it’s quite retro chic with dark rose lips and a soft winged liner that make her eyes very upturned and feline, really sexy. I love it. The lip colour it’s really pretty as well but she changes it quite often: she wears either a nude gloss or a bolder red.
One of the Riverdale’s partner was the brand Covergirl, which is not available here in Italy but although I don’t exactly know what they used on Camila Mendes, I still looked on Covergirl’s web page and tried to guess.
- Primer, Foundation, Concealer and Powder: They are all the same as my previous #MakeUpMondays as Veronica’s base it’s quite matt and therefore similar to my everyday base. You can read it here Everyday Summer Glow or here Golden Festival.
- Contour & Highlight: I used this palette from Nars, it was limited edition but all the shades I used are in the permanent line, I use the contour duo (top row smaller shades) the shade is Paloma. I put the darker colour in the hollows of my cheeks, temples and jaw line to shape and then I used lighter shade to set the concealer under my eyes and in the center of my face to illuminate the high points but since the colour is matt it doesn’t really highlight them, which was what I wanted for this look as Veronica’s face it’s completely matt.
- Blush: I used Nars Dolce Vita blush as it complements the lips beautifully (in the palette is the last shade at the bottom) and I put it on the apples of my cheeks going outwards.
- Brows: NYX Tame & Frame Brow Pomade + Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Filler Mascara, this is my everyday combination, but for Veronica’s look I made them less bushy and more defined than what I usually do. My shades are Brunette (NYX) and Medium Brown (Maybelline).
- Primer: I used the usual Urban Decay Primer Potion and I put it all over my lids up to the browbone.
- Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked Palette, Covergirl has a palette that is a dupe of this one so I assumed they used that for her eyeshadow as it’s quite neutral. I used the shade Virgin, the lightest colour, all over the lid and on the inner corner, then I started defining my crease with the shade Naked with a 227 brush, I darkened the socket with Buck and lastly I defined the outer corner with a smaller brush (Zoeva 231) and the shade Hustle.
- Eyeliner: Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner, I used this liner to line my eyes, I didn’t do a full wing but I made it end going upwards. That will lift my eyes without making the liner the star of the look. I used the same liner to line the thightline.
TIP: If you have smaller eyes (like myself) you should do your liner starting from the middle of your eyes and thight line the inner part, this will give you the look of a full line without going all the way into the inner corner as that will make your eyes even smaller.
- Mascara: I used the Essence Volume and Stylist Mascara, I applied a lot of it on my top lashes focusing it on the outer part. Veronica sometimes does wear false lashes but not for her everyday look.
- Lipliner: MAC Lipliner in Soar, This is my favourite lipliner and it’s the perfect shade for Veronica’s everyday look. I lined my lips and filled them in.
- Lipstick: Essence Sheer & Shine Lipstick, This lipstick doesn’t come out as pigmented as it seems in the bullet because it has a sheer finish. Indeed it’s perfect for this look. The shade is 09 I Feel Pretty.
As always I sealed everything in place with the Essence Instant Matt Setting Spray.
Do you guys love Riverdale? Who is your favourite character? Let me know if you want to see the other girls look. Other than that I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts. If you recreate this look don’t forget to tag me @blushydarling and use the #MakeupMonday. Please subscribe to my social medias and to the newsletter: all the links are in the side bar.