Hi Darlings, today’s post is going to be the review and swatches of the Urban Decay Naked Heat, I’m so excited to finally talk to you about this baby.
This palette was in my Beauty Wishlist and I’ve been debating about whether I should buy it or not, since it was so hyped up I wanted to be sure that it was worth it.
As you may have noticed I’ve been using it ever since that post (I got it the day it went live) so today I’m finally ready to tell you everything about it, because we have a lot to talk about.
Like every Urban Decay palette from the Naked line, it comes with twelve shades: six of them are matte and six are either satin or shimmer. I really appreciate that balance.
Most of the shades are warm toned, the lightest ones are more neutral-warm but they are all in that range.
It also comes with a double sided brush but to be honest, I don’t like it and I gifted it to my sister cause I’ll never use it. I find that it makes both the mattes and the shimmers really patchy. It works fine with the shimmers when you wet it, but I personally don’t do it on a daily bases.
The packaging is absolutely stunning, the palette is made in hard plastic with a full-length mirror, the closure is magnetic and the cardboard sleeve resembles a matchbox. It’s beautiful but it scares me so much, I feel like it might slide open on one side or the other from the weight of the palette, I don’t know if I’m making any sense, but I am basically terrified to keep my palette in the box.
FORMULA & PIGMENTATION
Without any doubt Urban Decay shadows are my favourite on the market they are all buttery, pigmented, reflective and they look stunning both wet and dry. So I wasn’t surprised by that, I knew the palette quality was top notch. They are also super long lasting.
You can buy it on the Urban Decay site or in every store that sells the brand, it retails for 54$.
- OUNCE: iridescent ivory, it looks stunning as browbone and inner corner highlighter as it’s not too shimmery.
- CHASER: satin/matt light nude, it’s the exact same tone as my skin so I love to use it all over the lid to set my primer.
- SAUCED: matt terracotta.
- LOW BLOW: matt pukey brown, since it has the same tone of my bruises I don’t like it on its own but I love to mix it with Sauced.
- LUMBRE: copper with gold shimmer, to be honest, I’m a bit disappointed by this, don’t get me wrong, it’s pretty but I wish it had more gold inside and the formula is a little stiffer than the other shades. I like it better wet.
- HE DEVIL: matt dark red.
- DIRTY TALK: metallic red.
- SCORCHED: metallic/glittery dark red, If you have the Naked3 this shade is the red version of the rose gold shade (Trick) in that, it has the same feel and it’s stunning on the lid.
- CAYENNE: matt deep terracotta.
- EN FUEGO: matt burgundy.
- ASHES: matt deep reddish-purple.
- EMBER: deep metallic copper-burgundy, this shade is my favourite cause I find it so interesting, it’s almost a matt with shimmer added, like if you apply it on the lid it blends kind of matt in the crease (you can kind of see this at the edge of the swatch were it change a little bit). It’s also super long lasting and way creamier than any other shade I own, it legit feels like a cream shadow.
Falling in Autumn: I used Sauced, Cayenne, En Fuego, Ashes, Lumbre, Scorched, Ember and Ounce.
Everyday Fall Look: I used Ounce, Sauced, Low Blow and Ember.
This is a more smokey look I did today, let me know if you want a dedicated Makeup Monday to this, but I used Ounce, Chaser, Sauced, En Fuego, Cayenne, Ember and Scorched.
- Colour: 7/10
- Longevity: 10/10
- Application: 9/10
- Formula: 9/10
- Pigmentation: 10/10
- Packaging: 9/10
I’m obsessed with this palette, I’ve been using it a lot, I find it really versatile since I can use it for both day and night looks. The quality of each shadow is amazing. The only cons I have are that I wish some shades weren’t so similar and the brush, that I personally don’t like, I’d much rather a double-sided pencil or a sample of something. Apart from that, I totally recommend it if you like warm-toned palettes.
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
You can also find me on
The links in the post are affiliates, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.