Hi Darlings, in today’s #MakeupMonday I’m going to share with you this Halloween Slytherin Snake look.
I’m so EXCITED about this look! I was going to save it for the 31st but I couldn’t keep it together, I love it SO MUCH!
Ok, Mimi, calm down, because I want to tell you something and I want to keep it short: I’m not the best when it comes to fun/crazy/creative make up looks, I usually play it safe so although I love to experiment, especially for Halloween, each look I will create is going to be relatively easy nothing with wigs, silicone or prosthesis.
Honestly, I feel like we are all in the same sea, we see this spectacular looks on youtube that most of us won’t ever recreate and I do want you to recreate what I do! If you like it OF COURSE!
Also, I don’t like to spend money on products I’ll use maybe once, so for my looks, I’ll use things that I already have in my collection or super affordable brands.
Being the huge Harry Potter nerd that I am, I decided that my first look was going to be a SLYTHERIN LOOK, FYI, my house. This look isn’t really something inspired by any character so I feel like it could easily be a snake look… I keep singing Look What You Made Me Do in my head!
Let me know what house you are in and if you want a look inspired by them, I’ll be more than happy to do it, seriously MORE THAN HAPPY!
- Primer: Dr.Brandt Pores No More
- Foundation: L’Oréal Infallible 24H Matte (Shade: Natural Rose)
- Concealer: Maybelline Eye Eraser (Shade: Light)
- Powder: Maybelline Matte Maker (Shade: Nude Beige)
- Bronzer: Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer (Mine is a palette, that was limited edition)
- Blush: Benefit Dallas Box O’Powder
- Highlighter: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Verve, I used this shadow from the Naked 2 because I wanted a silver glow, any silver shadow will work, I don’t really use silver on myself at all, that’s all I have.
- Brows: I wanted to be more silvery so I used the Maybeline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Black Chrome and I put some UD Verve on top
- Primer: Maybeline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Black Chrome, I used it as a base for my shadows.
- Eyeshadow: Smashbox Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette, I started with the dark grey (last shade top row) all over the lid and then I used second to last shade from the bottom row, a cool brown, in the crease to create a soft smokey look, very winged towards the outside. Then I used the same Verve eyeshadow on the inner corner and in the middle of the lids. On the lower lashline, I use the dark grey from Smashbox mixed with the black. To do the wing in the inner corner I started with the Essence Gel Eyepencil, (I have no idea what shade it is, it doesn’t have a name on the packaging) it’s a gorgeous Teal shade, I put it in the waterline and draw the fake inner corner, on top of it I put this stunning NYX Pigment in Vermouth. In the end, I slightly blended the pigment at the edge of the smokey eye to give it a green hue.
- Eyeliner: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper, I did my usual wings + Sephora Kohl and Liner in Intense Black, I used it to thigh line.
- Mascara: Essence Volume Stylist Lash Extension
- Lipstick: NYX Wicked Lippie in Risquè I love this colour so much, I kind of want to wear it every day and the formula is so good too. I’ll definitely buy more shades!
What are you going to be for Halloween?
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts. If you recreate this look don’t forget to tag me @blushydarling and use the #MakeupMonday. Please subscribe to my social media: I am on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.