Hi Darlings, in today’s post I’m going to share with you my 3 Beauty Secrets from the Backstage.
I’ve had this post floating in my head for so long, I’m so excited to finally share it with you.
Being a beauty lover I’ve always loved checking at every Fashion Week, Make up Artists’ Instagrams, magazines to the point that through the years I’ve learned some tips and tricks that I’ve started doing in my daily routine.
These are things I do all the time, they totally work and they make my life so much easier, you have no idea, I really hope they can help you too.
- 1 – The PIMPLE Secret
- 2 – The LIPSTICK Secret
- 3 – The NOSE Secret
You know when you feel that tiny monster coming out of your face? This trick works wonderfully in that case but it’s also perfect when it’s already out and it’s white and painful.
(I’d have shown you a picture of the before and after but I find it quite gross and unnecessary, you can try it and see it yourself).
My sister Queen and I do this all the time and it helps heal the pimple in a day, it’s like the miracle you have all been waiting for.
All you need is:
- Tea Tree Oil: mine is from The Body Shop but you can find it everywhere, I just happen to have this one. This essential oil has antibiotic, antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Acne Dots: Mine are from a local drugstore but again you can find them everywhere. They are usually infused with tea tree oil and salicylic acid. You can read about it here.
Both of these things help you to heal a pimple but if you COMBINE them the results are way better and way faster.
- Before bed, on clean skin after your nighttime skincare routine (it works better if your moisturiser has had time to sink in), you put a couple of drops of tea tree oil on a Q-tip and apply it directly on the pimple (be careful when you apply it as it can be really drying on the skin so make sure you put it only on the blemish) and let it dry (It takes about a minute).
- Then put the acne dot/patch on top of it.
- Go to sleep (you should leave the dot on for 8-12 hours)
- Wake up and be amazed by the results!
Actually, I’ve been using this technique for years without realising how much easier it makes my lipstick life.
If you are a dark lipstick lover like myself you know how annoying it can be to put the product on with a brush and therefore taking the brush around to do touch-ups on the go, plus I hate to wash brushes with lip stuff on because is 10 times harder.
I’ve seen this technique done by incredible make up artists like Charlotte Tilbury and Lisa Eldrige.
Put the lipstick on straight from the bullet. You can see how uneven and sloppy it is.
Use the lip liner to create the line around the lips. The pencil will pick the lipstick up and clean the line for you.
Et voilà! Lipstick is perfectly sharped and it looks amazing.
I love this technique so much because:
- It prevents me to wash lip brush.
- I can fix my lipstick everywhere without having to carry around a lip brush that might mess up my purse.
- The lip liner on the edge prevents the lipstick from smudging and going into fine lines.
- The pencil doesn’t have to match the lipstick perfectly because as I said the point picks up some of the pigment and you can’t see the difference (In my pictures the lip liner is a couple of shades darker than the lipstick but you can’t even see it.)
- It works with every lipstick formula: glossy, liquid, regular.
A beauty lover’s nightmare is getting flu (ok is not fun for anyone) but when you love to wear make up having watery eyes and runny nose sucks a lot more and the aftermath is even worse.
Do you know when you have been blowing your nose like crazy that it gets so dry and red and then putting make up on is a nightmare because it’s all flaky?
Well, I can promise you it doesn’t have to happen anymore.
The secret is HOMEOPLASMINE! (Mine is horrendously well loved as you can see).
I’ve seen it in a bunch of make up artists’ kits, they use it on model’s really dry and chapped lips and it works wonders even for that.
But I love to use it, when I have a cold, EVERY TIME (ok, every few times) I blow my nose around it to prevent the roughness of the tissue from scratching it. You will be amazed by how wonderfully it works. No more dryness or Rudolf nose. I promise.
I’ve been using it for YEARS and I still have a lot left as it’s so thick and you need such a small amount. It doesn’t have a scent and it’s quite affordable. It’s homoeopathic, antiseptic and made with natural plants extracts.
I don’t know where you can get it in store but I found it on Amazon.
Do you have any pro tip/beauty secret to share with me? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to hear from you!
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question. Please subscribe to my social media: I am on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Some of the links in the post may be affiliates, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.