I know today is not Monday but since I didn’t post a #MakeupMonday this week because it was Christmas I thought I could post one today.
I really wanted to do a New Years Eve Makeup Tutorial that was actually wearable, I’ve seen some pretty spectacular looks on the internet but more likely than not I probably won’t be able to do those, or more simply, I won’t have the time.
So this look is still going to be sexy, glam and bold, nothing too hard to recreate though. I think by now you have realised that’s my style, but I love the way a graphic liner looks and it was a huge trend during this past year, so what better way to welcome 2018 than the best of 2017?
- Primer: NYX Angel Veil Primer
- Foundation: L’Oréal Infallible 24H Matte in Natural Rose
- Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20
- Powder: Maybelline Matte Maker in Nude Beige
- Bronzer: Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer
- Blush: Rockateur Box o’ Powder Blush
- Highlighter: Dior Skin Air Luminizer in 001 Nude Glow
- Brows: NYX Tame & Frame Brow Pomade (shade: Brunette) + Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Filler Mascara (shade: Medium Brown)
- Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Eyeshadows: Dior Skin Air Luminizer in 001 Nude Glow
- Eyeliner: Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Black, I think a gel liner + an angled brush is easier to use to do a graphic liner. I just draw the line on my lashline extended to create a wing and brought it towards the inner part to create a fake crease. Then I used the flat side of the brush to smudge a little bit the inner part of the wing. I used the same liner to tightline.
- Mascara: L’Oreal Lash Paradise
- Lipliner: NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Nude Pink
- Lipstick: Kiehl’s Butterstick Lip Treatment in Naturally Nude, my wonderful sister Queen got this for me for Christmas.
To set it all in place I used the Essence Instant Matt Setting Spray.
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question. If you recreate any of this looks don’t forget to tag me @blushydarling or use the hashtag #MakeupMonday.
You can also find me on
Some of the links in the post may be affiliates, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.