I’m so crazy EXCITED for this post! It was a long journey to get here but finally my friend Joy and I are showing you our Make Up Swap.
This post was suppose to go live with our Christmas Giveaway but due postal dramas we weren’t able to do it. My package was stopped at the costumehouse and someone stole some of the products she send me.
Luckily I was able to do a complete look but still it was so upsetting. Anyway, In case you don’t know Joy, her blog is Mademoiselle O’Lantern and she is such a sweet, talented girl you all need to go and follow her, like NOW! She is amazing.
The look I decided to create is this kinda Arabic Emerald Green Half Cut Crease look, I was so inspired by the products she sent (definitely out of my comfort zone) and I’m also going to give you my first impressions of them. Spoiler Alert: I love them.
- Primer: NYX Angel Veil Primer
- Foundation: L’Oréal Infallible 24H Matte in Natural Rose
- Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20
- Powder: Maybelline Matte Maker in Nude Beige
- Bronzer: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil
- Blush: Too Faced Love Blush in Baby Love
- Highlighter: Dior Skin Air Luminizer in 001 Nude Glow
- Brows: Maybelline Brow Precise Micro Pencil (shade: Soft Brown) + Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Filler Mascara (shade: Medium Brown)
- Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Eyeshadows: Urban Decay Naked Heat, I used Chaser as a base, Low Blow in the crease as my transition, Cayenne to give depth to the crease and outer corner, Ashes deepen even further the outher corner and Ounce to highlight browbone and inner corner. To cut the lid I used the first product Joy sent me the Bassam Fattouh Cream Liner in Jade, this liner is absolutely stunning, it’s so pigmented and creamy but once it sets it stays in place for hours, I use a tiny flat brush to make the shape and then I filled in and I blended were the two colors meet.
- Eyeliner: Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Black, I used it to create the line on my upper lashline and to line my inner rhyme.
- Mascara: L’Oreal Lash Paradise + Provoc 7324 False Lashes, Another thing Joy sent were this lashes, which became my new favourite, they look beautiful and they are so light on the eyes, the band is super thin and comfortable.
- Lip Liner: Provoc Gel Lip Liner in 48 Bittersweet, This is without any doubt the product that most stood out to me, I LOVE THIS LIP LINER, I can easily see it becoming one of my everyday staples: it lasts forever, it’s creamy but completely matt, it feels like absolutely nothing to the point that I forget I’m wearing it, such a beautiful everyday shade plus the fact that is a pencil makes it super easy to use and to carry around.
To set it all in place I used the Essence Instant Matt Setting Spray.
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question. If you recreate any of this looks don’t forget to tag me @blushydarling or use the hashtag #MakeupMonday.
You can also find me on
Some of the links in the post may be affiliates, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.