Today is a summer holiday in Italy (called Ferragosto), it’s the equivalent of 4th of July (not the holiday celebrated but more in the way it’s celebrated) so I thought it could be a good occasion to share with you my Summer Favorites.
You might know that I don’t do monthly favorites but I’ve been so lucky lately with products discovery I wanted to share with you some new (and old) products that have totally stood out to me these past months.
We are going to talk about a hair, skincare and make up. All these product made my life so much easier especially the hair stuff so I hope you’ll like this post and if you do I might do them seasonally.
You guys have no idea, this combo is my dream team. I have a lot of hair, it’s super thick, heavy and it isn’t either straight or curly. Think Bellatrix Lestrange out of Azkaban… That’s my hair. To have it look nice I have to style it but with 35 degrees there is NO WAY I’ll go near a curling iron or a straightener.
So with these two products I can have the Beachy Waves that you see in the picture above without any heat and just letting it hair dry. It’s a DREAM COME TRUE for me.
Skincare & Body Stuff
Randomly talking about a body wash, the Nivea Foaming Silk Mousse Body Wash more specifically the Vanilla Caramel scent. Oh my, this body wash smells so GOOD! It also a nice body wash: it lathers without being drying and the fact that it’s in mousse makes the shower extra special but is the scent that totally sold me. I love that it stays on the skin for a long time.
Speaking of good scents the Calvin Klein CK2 perfume is my summer scent without any doubts. It’s definitely a more unisex scent, very fresh and woodsy. My sister and I are both obsessed with it.
My top choice of sunscreen is the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch. I use it year round but especially in the summer you. need. sunscreen.
I like this one because it’s not greasy and I can use it underneath make up. If you have oily skin I highly recommend it.
I feel like you have seen these products in one way or another through the whole summer in my posts. I have reviews for most of them but here’s why I’ve been loving them this summer:
- Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer in Bronzer, I love this bronzer because it looks so natural like you are actually tan, I like to put it where the sun naturally hits me to enhance that tiny bit of a tan I have going on. It also smells like Pina Colada which makes it perfect for this time of the year.
- Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder (here the review), this powder is the only thing that makes my foundation last all day. It looks flawless and it keeps me matt in the heat. Love it!
- Benefit Blush in Gold Rush (here the review), definitely my summer blush, I’ve been using it everyday.
- Kiko Free Soul Mascara in Burgundy Ride (here the review), Burgundy mascara is my favorite way to enhance the eyes in a less harsh way than black and it also makes my green eyes pop as an added bonus.
- Nars Orgasm Afterglow Lip Balm in Orgasm (here the review), this shade is the perfect peachy pink for the summer time. It gives a really soft hue to the lips, it hydrates them and the packaging is gorgeous.
- L’Oreal Paris Nude Magique Cushion (here the review), it’s super lightweight but it helps create an even base without feeling heavy and gross.
Here you can see me wearing them in My Everyday Summer Look #MakeupMonday.
I like to do two coats of Topless & Barefoot and one of Sugar Daddy which makes it slightly more pink. I saw this combo on Pinterest and totally fell in love with it, it creates the perfect nude for my skintone.
Which are your Summer Favorites? Let me know in the comments!
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
Follow @blushydarling on:
The links in the post are affiliate, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.