Hi Darlings, in today’s post I’m going to show you my Summer Beauty Favourites for 2020.
You know I don’t do monthly favourites but out of everything I test some things stick out more than others and I like to share them with you.
There aren’t a lot of products because it’s Summer and I haven’t been using much but they are good!
For most of these products, I have reviews already up so I won’t go into details about them but I’ll make sure to link the review in case you wanted more details.
We are going to talk about skincare, haircare and makeup.
SUMMER BEAUTY FAVOURITES: SKINCARE
I’m not exactly sure this counts as skincare or as body care, but it’s still skin so we’ll work with that.
This is the Dove Exfoliating Body Polish, I’ve never splurged for body scrubs because I’ve figured that oil and sugar work just fine, and I still think that, but this one is so nice I wanted to share my thoughts.
It’s a good, effective body scrub, it smells like cookies which is a nice bonus and it works. It has forced me to use it more often since I can keep it in the shower and my skin loves it. I use it before shaving on my legs and it has reduced razor cuts so much. It also retails for 6$, you can’t beat that.
In Italy, we don’t have many options for face sunscreens that won’t break the bank and would be fine under makeup. So when I saw this Nivea Sun UV Face Shine Control on Amazon I had to get it.
It’s SPF50, it’s not greasy, works perfectly under makeup and the scent is delicious. It’s ophthalmologist-tested which means you can use it near your eyes and on the undereye. Those are the areas that age first so it’s awesome you can protect them too from sun damage.
SUMMER BEAUTY FAVOURITES: HAIR CARE
For years now, I’ve been doing the same hairstyle in Summer, which is heatless and so ridiculously easy, and Salt Spray is a must.
Basically, I wash my hair, let it air dry about 50-60% of the way and then put it in two french braids (which means braids that start at the roots), sleep on them and have the perfect mermaid hair the day after.
But to make that effect more intense I pretty much drench my hair in the Got2b Beach Babe Texturizing Salt Spray (the one I linked is the same, in the US it has a different packaging), you can use this on your dry hair, after the beach or whenever you want mermaid waves. My hair is too thick so I have to do braids or it won’t last, but you can go without.
It also smells like heaven, so that’s a nice touch.
This is the result though the years, see, I always do it:
SUMMER BEAUTY FAVOURITES: Makeup
- Fenty Beauty Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Bronzer in Butta Biscuit (here the review), I’m obsessed with this bronzer, it is perfect to create the prettiest summer tan that somehow still looks natural. I love the cream formula, it makes it so glowy.
- Catrice Matte Liquid Eyeshadow in 080 Minimalist (here’s the review), This is the perfect everyday eyeshadow, it’s a matte brown that gives just enough depth and definition. It’s quick to use and long-lasting.
- Dior Forever Summer Skin in Fair Light (here the review), such a perfect summer foundation, it’s super lightweight and sheer but it evens out the skin and gives it the prettiest glow. It lasts in the heat too.
- Fenty Beauty Slip Shine Sheer Shiny Lipstick in Glazed (here the review), Is it a surprise to see this here? I don’t think so. Ever since Julia got this to me for my birthday I haven’t been able to put it down. It works with everything, it’s hydrating and looks amazing on the lips.
- Kiko Lasting Precision Automatic Eyeliner And Khol in 09 Mint (here’s the review), This colour is perfect to use as a Summery pop of colour on the lower lashline that is not too exaggerated. These pencils are creamy, long lasting and affordable.
WHICH ARE YOUR SUMMER FAVORITES? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS!
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
You can also find me on
The links in the post are affiliates, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.