Hi Darlings, in today’s #MakeupMonday I’m going to share with you this Kim Kardashian MET Gala 2019 Inspired Look.
The look isn’t an exact recreation because my eyes wouldn’t look good with that makeup but also, I wanted to use my new Charlotte Tilbury palette and I wanted to try some new techniques.
Let me start from the begging. I completely fell in love with Kim’s 2019 makeup (actually I loved the entire look) but it’s not the kind of look that would look good on my eyes.
Fast forward to today, my favourite makeup artist ever Hung Vanngo launched his YouTube channel and shared some of his techniques which I wanted to try, so I decided to recreate a look kind of like Kim’s but to make it suitable for my eye shape (i.e. no liner in the waterline and no lashes) using my CT palette and Hung’s techniques.
Mario Dedivanovic, Kim’s makeup artist used all products from her line KKW Beauty and they did this post on IG sharing them, in case you were curious.
- Primer: Clarins Sos Primer Blurs Imperfection in 02 Peach
- Foundation: Bali Body BB Cream SPF15 in Natural
- Concealer: Dior Forever Skin Correct Concealer in 1,5N
- Powder: Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder
- Bronzer: Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer
- Blush: Benefit CORALista Box o’ Powder Blush
- Highlighter: Shiseido Aura Dew in Solar 02
- Brows: theBalm FURROWCIOUS! Brow Pencil in Light Brown + Benefit Gimme Brow in 3 Medium
- Primer: Nars Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
- Eyeliner: Here’s the new technique I’ve tried, instead of starting with eyeshadow, I’ve lined the top half and the bottom half of my lash line with the Smashbox Always On Gel Liner in Brewed and I’ve smudged it with a pencil brush. I’ve also used it to tight line.
- Eyeshadow: Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Luxury Palette, I’ve used the 1st (Prime) shade all over the lid. The 2nd (Enhance) in the crease the last one (Smoke) in the inner and outer corner and the 3rd (Pop) in the centre of the lid to create the halo effect. I’ve used the Enhance first and then the Smoke on the lower lash line.
- Mascara: YSL The Shock Volumizing Waterproof Mascara
- Lip Liner: NYX Professional Makeup Slim Lip Pencil in Nude Beige
- Lipstick: Dolce & Gabbana Classic Cream Lipstick in 125 Mandorla *I’m sorry I can’t link this lipstick because it was discontinued, anything light and peachy will work
- Lipgloss: Dior Lip Glow Oil in 001 Pink
To set it all in place I used the Mario Badescu Aloe Facial Spray.
Essence High Beauty Vegan Volume Mascara | Review
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
You can also find me on
The links in the post are affiliates, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.
Leave a Reply