Hi Darlings, in today’s post I’m going to share my tips on How To Touch Up Your Makeup After A Workout.
I’ve asked you on Instagram if you were interested in this post and a lot of you said yes, so here I am with my tips and tricks.
I’m going to put the disclaimer first: you shouldn’t workout with makeup but in my opinion, if the choice is between working out with makeup or not workout at all, I’d still recommend doing it with makeup any day of the week.
Now that is out of the way we can start with my tips on How To Touch Up Your Makeup After A Workout.
Workout with makeup? Why do I do it?
I started working out consistently in May 2020, I follow Pamela Reif‘s 30 minutes plans so I workout 5 days a week. I usually do Monday through Friday and rest on the weekend.
I work in a store and on Wednesdays and Thursdays I have a long shift, so I work from 10AM to 8PM with a 2,30h lunch break.
I used to workout when I got home after work but that was exhausting and I used to get so bored on my lunch break. It felt like I was wasting time. So I decided that as soon as I closed the store for lunch I’d do my workout, then have lunch and then rest until I have to open again.
That means, I can’t shower after my workout, nor I can redo my makeup and I have to do with what I already have on. That’s the only reason I workout with makeup and it works for me because I don’t sweat much and I don’t stink.
I honestly don’t know why but, in general, my body odours are very faint and even if I sweat I don’t really stink. I still like to do some things to keep any odours at bay until I can shower once I get home.
My Post Workout Routine
After I’ve finished my workout I peel off my gym clothes right away and use some refreshing wet wipes to clean the sweat. I don’t think it’s necessary to go into more details than that, I just clean where I’m sweaty.
I usually get the most affordable I can find, I don’t really mind which one I use so I don’t have any to show you. I use cream deodorant after my shower so I don’t need to touch it up, but if you use a regular one, this is the time to put it on.
I pull my hair down from the bun (I hate having my hair on my face when I workout and it also prevents it from getting sweaty) and brush it. If you need it, you can use dry shampoo, but I’m lazy so I don’t.
Then I get dressed again, have lunch and brush my teeth.
Makeup Touch Up
Time to finally touch up my makeup. I’m going to break it step by step so it’s easier to follow.
- I use a paper towel and dab it across my face to absorb any excess oil and sweat.
- If I have any blemishes, I touch up my concealer on them because when I workout my face heats up and the concealer on blemishes tends to melt. I use the Too Faced Born This Way Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer in Snow
- Then I touch up my powder, I use one with some colour that way it will also add some coverage where the foundation has disappeared. I use a sponge and the Catrice Pressed Powder Poreless Perfection Powder in 010 Universal Shade
- Bronzer doesn’t really fade on me but blush does, so I keep a mini one with a mini brush I found in another compact to add some colour back on my cheeks. I use the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hours Blush in Exposed because it’s the kind of shade that works with every look.
- I also touch up my highlighter, I use a discontinued one from Colourpop because it’s compact, I can use my fingers to apply it and again, the shade works with all my looks. It’s the ColourPop Super Shock Highlighter in On The Cusp, which I’m actually almost out of.
- I use a spooly to brush my brows because they tend to go everywhere.
- Lastly, I touch up whatever lipstick I was wearing that day.
- I keep some mini sizes of perfume to touch that up too and I’m done.
These are all the tips I have. Again, I don’t recommend to workout with makeup but if you don’t have a choice, this is how to fix it.
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
You can also find me on
The links in the post are affiliates, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.