Hi Darlings, in today’s post we are going to talk about the Bali Body Clear Self Tanning Water.
I don’t know about you but it has been very warm in Rome, around 20°C so I’m ready to look a bit tanner. You know, in case I decide to wear a dress and not blind people with my whiteness!
So when Bali Body asked me to try their new Clear Self Tanning Water of course I’ve said yes. I mean, they have the best self tanners out there and they are the only ones I use.
Last year, I did a super detailed post on how to prep beforehand, how to remove it and I’ve answered A LOT of beginners questions so if you are just starting, I highly recommend you read that post first.
In that post, I’ve used the Self Tanning Mousse which has a guide colour, while this new one is 100% clear.
The formula is water based, it doesn’t contain dyes, parabens, sulphates. The colour doesn’t transfer and on top of that, it’s made with 99% naturally derived glucose.
It contains environmentally friendly, skin-loving ingredients and it’s formulated with 100% natural DHA, vegan and cruelty free.
The key ingredients are:
- Coffee seed extract
- Coconut oil
- Pomegranate extract
- Chamomile extract
You can buy it from Bali Body for 28,95$ and they ship worldwide.
How to use it
The night before:
Again, if you want more detail refer back to last year’s post but in short, the night before you have to:
- 1- Exfoliate, all over the body paying particular attention to the areas that tend to be drier (and self tanner likes to cling to dryness): elbows, knees, side of my ankles and hands.
- 2- Shave
- 3- Moisturize
The Day Of:
1) Apply Self Tanner
I used the Bali Body Luxe Tanning Mitt.
- Shake well
- Using the mitt start from your ankles up and apply the tanner in long sweeping motions.
- Ask your mom/boyfriend/girlfriend/sister to do your back. Some people use a hanger to create an extension to put it on themself. That sounded way too pro for me so I asked for help.
- Once it’s everywhere run the mitt on your feet and hands. Don’t use any additional product and make sure to cover only the top part. You can make a claw with your hand to cover between the knuckles and the fingers.
- Wait until touch dry before putting clothes on, it took about 5 minutes but I waited for 10 just the be sure. Wear a baggie T-Shirt and shorts, possibly black or that you don’t care if they got stains on. Mine was black and didn’t stain.
- You can wash it off after 1 hour but to get a longer lasting darker tan wait for 4-8 hours. I usually put it on before bed and wash it in the morning.
Take a shower and pat dry. You can use soap but don’t use a sponge. Moisturize afterwards to make the tan last longer.
Here’s my before and after:
The result is a very natural, light-medium tan. In the before you can see I’m very fair and I don’t tan much in the sun. The colour I got is the colour I would be if I tanned in the sun so it doesn’t look weird or orange on me.
Overall, I love it, it is perfect for this time of the year because I don’t think a darker tan would be believable while this gives a nice glow without being too over the top.
On the face:
In case you were curious, I don’t use this one on the face, I actually use their Face Tan Water which I’ve been using since last year and it’s amazing.
It’s super easy to use, it doesn’t make me breakout and looks amazing on.
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
You can also find me on
I was not compensated for this post, however, I did receive all the Bali Body products free of charge in exchange for this review. The links in the post aren’t affiliated. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.