Hi Darlings, in today’s post we are going to talk about the Bali Body 1 Hour Express.
It has been super hot in Rome lately and I’ve been wearing a lot of dresses, since I’m super pale I love to self tan but I’ve been so busy with work lately, I haven’t had any time.
A couple of weeks ago the team of Bali Body kindly send me their 1 Hour Express self tanner which as the name would suggest, it’s very quick. Let’s see how it works!
Last year, I did a super detailed post on how to prep beforehand, how to remove it and I’ve answered A LOT of beginners questions so if you are just starting, I highly recommend you read that post first.
The ultra-lightweight aerated formula is enriched with nourishing oils and vitamin E for added hydration.
Features & Benefits • Touch dry solution • Fast developing • Customisable to achieve your prefered shade of bronze • Ultra-lightweight and easy to apply • 100% natural DHA • Streak-free • Vegan and cruelty free • Free from parabens and sulphates • Formulated with colour guide technology to tailor your desired tan to your skin tone.
You can buy it from Bali Body for 32,95$ and they ship worldwide.
How to use it
The night before:
Again, if you want more detail refer back to last year’s post but in short, the night before you have to:
- 1- Exfoliate, all over the body paying particular attention to the areas that tend to be drier (and self tanner likes to cling to dryness): elbows, knees, side of my ankles and hands.
- 2- Shave or Wax (I get my legs waxes at a beauty salon and I wait a couple of days to let my skin heal)
- 3- Moisturize
The Day Of:
1) Apply Self Tanner
I used the Bali Body Luxe Tanning Mitt, by using a mitt you get a streak free and smoother application. It also stops your hands from staining.
- Shake well
- Using the mitt start from your ankles up and apply the tanner in long sweeping motions.
- Ask your mom/boyfriend/girlfriend/sister to do your back. Some people use a hanger to create an extension to put it on themself. That sounded way too pro for me so I asked for help.
- Once it’s everywhere run the mitt on your feet and hands. Don’t use any additional product and make sure to cover only the top part. You can make a claw with your hand to cover between the knuckles and the fingers.
- Wait until touch dry before putting clothes on, it took about 5 minutes but I waited for 10 just the be sure. Wear a baggie T-Shirt and shorts, possibly black or that you don’t care if they got stains on. Mine was black and didn’t stain.
- You can wash it off after 1 hour but to get a longer lasting darker tan wait for 2-3 hours. I put it on and then took a nap, had dinner and showered afterwards.
Take a shower and pat dry. You can use soap but don’t use a sponge. Moisturize afterwards to make the tan last longer.
Here’s my before and after:
The result is a very natural, light-medium tan. In the before you can see I’m very fair and I don’t tan much in the sun. The colour I got is the colour I would be if I tanned in the sun so it doesn’t look weird or orange on me.
OMG, I love it, it is perfect for me because I don’t think a darker tan would be believable while this gives a nice glow without being too over the top. I love how fast it develops and it’s seriously fool proof. I’ve tried all their self tanners but this might be my favourite. It looks incredible on.
On the face:
In case you were curious, I don’t use this one on the face, I actually use their Face Tan Water which I’ve been using since last year and it’s amazing.
It’s super easy to use, it doesn’t make me breakout and looks amazing on.
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
You can also find me on
I was not compensated for this post, however, I did receive all the Bali Body products free of charge in exchange for this review. The links in the post aren’t affiliated. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.