Hi Darlings, in today’s post I’m going to share with you My Morning Skincare Routine For Combination Skin for Winter 2022.
I haven’t done this post in a few years, mostly because my skincare routine doesn’t change much. Now it’s completely different and I’m excited to share it with you. (Next week I’ll do my Evening one).
For reference, my skin is combination (oily on my T-Zone, normal-dry on the rest of the face). I have rosacea though so I have a lot of redness on my cheeks and some occasional blemish on my chin. Mostly during that time of the month. I’m 26 so I don’t have many wrinkles, only a few signs near my eyes.
My morning skincare routine is quite simple but it’s divided into two parts, before I workout and after.
Before working out
As soon as I wake up, I do two simple steps because then I workout and shower afterwards so it doesn’t make sense to do a full skincare that I’ll end up sweating off anyway. But there are two steps I always do.
- Cleanse: Respire Natural Face Wash, it’s a bar soap that’s very gentle. It makes my face feel clean without stripping it or drying it too much.
- Eye Serum: The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG, I’ve talked about this serum multiple times. It’s the best thing if you have puffy eyes, it absorbs quickly and it works its magic while I workout. I have a full post dedicated on How I Get Rid Of Dark Circles where you can see it in action.
After working out
After my workout, I jump in the shower and get ready for work. If you want to see my Everyday Makeup For Work you can check out this post, but here you can see how I prep my skin for makeup.
- Cleanse: Neutrogena Skin Detox Cooling Scrub, this cleanser has tiny exfoliating beeds and it’s very fresh but delicate. I love it in the morning because it wakes me up.
- Toner: Fenty Skin Fat Water, It’s a hybrid between a toner and a serum. You put it on with your hands and I swear it will make your pores disappear. It’s so juicy and plumping, not too dry or too oily and it smells delicious, like pancakes but it’s super faint.
- Serum: The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, while my skin is still wet from the toner, I put on this serum. It’s like a boost of hydration that’s not greasy.
- Eye Cream: Youth To The People Hydrate + Firm Eye Cream, it’s a great hydrating eye cream that works on the first signs of aging. It works well under makeup too.
- Moisturizer: Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream, I finally have the full size of this cream, It’s very pricey but after using it my skin is plump and smooth, it glows but it’s not greasy and my pores disappear.
- Sunscreen: Nivea Sun UV Face Shine Control, this suncreen is affordable, high protection and not greasy. I really like it and not too many people talk about it.
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
You can also find me on
The links in the post are affiliates, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.