Hi Darlings, in today’s #MakeupMonday I’m going to share with you this Halloween Slytherin Snake look.
I’m so EXCITED about this look! I was going to save it for the 31st but I couldn’t keep it together, I love it SO MUCH!
Ok, Mimi, calm down, because I want to tell you something and I want to keep it short: I’m not the best when it comes to fun/crazy/creative make up looks, I usually play it safe so although I love to experiment, especially for Halloween, each look I will create is going to be relatively easy nothing with wigs, silicone or prosthesis.
Honestly, I feel like we are all in the same sea, we see this spectacular looks on youtube that most of us won’t ever recreate and I do want you to recreate what I do! If you like it OF COURSE!
Also, I don’t like to spend money on products I’ll use maybe once, so for my looks, I’ll use things that I already have in my collection or super affordable brands.
Being the huge Harry Potter nerd that I am, I decided that my first look was going to be a SLYTHERIN LOOK, FYI, my house. This look isn’t really something inspired by any character so I feel like it could easily be a snake look… I keep singing Look What You Made Me Do in my head!
Let me know what house you are in and if you want a look inspired by them, I’ll be more than happy to do it, seriously MORE THAN HAPPY!
- Primer: Dr.Brandt Pores No More
- Foundation: L’Oréal Infallible 24H Matte (Shade: Natural Rose)
- Concealer: Maybelline Eye Eraser (Shade: Light)
- Powder: Maybelline Matte Maker (Shade: Nude Beige)
- Bronzer: Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer (Mine is a palette, that was limited edition)
- Blush: Benefit Dallas Box O’Powder
- Highlighter: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Verve, I used this shadow from the Naked 2 because I wanted a silver glow, any silver shadow will work, I don’t really use silver on myself at all, that’s all I have.
- Brows: I wanted to be more silvery so I used the Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Black Chrome and I put some UD Verve on top
- Primer: Maybeline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Black Chrome, I used it as a base for my shadows.
- Eyeshadow: Smashbox Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette, I started with the dark grey (last shade top row) all over the lid and then I used second to last shade from the bottom row, a cool brown, in the crease to create a soft smokey look, very winged towards the outside. Then I used the same Verve eyeshadow on the inner corner and in the middle of the lids. On the lower lashline, I use the dark grey from Smashbox mixed with the black. To do the wing in the inner corner I started with the Essence Gel Eyepencil, (I have no idea what shade it is, it doesn’t have a name on the packaging) it’s a gorgeous Teal shade, I put it in the waterline and draw the fake inner corner, on top of it I put this stunning NYX Pigment in Vermouth. In the end, I slightly blended the pigment at the edge of the smokey eye to give it a green hue.
- Eyeliner: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper, I did my usual wings + Sephora Kohl and Liner in Intense Black, I used it to thigh line.
- Mascara: Essence Volume Stylist Lash Extension
- Lipstick: NYX Wicked Lippie in Risquè I love this colour so much, I kind of want to wear it every day and the formula is so good too. I’ll definitely buy more shades!
What are you going to be for Halloween?
Sweater Weather Halo #MakeupMonday
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
You can also find me on
The links in the post are affiliates, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.
Leave a Reply