Hi Darlings, for today’s #MakeupMonday I wanted to create a Blue Smokey Eye.
A few months ago I saw a photo scrolling on Instagram, I’m pretty sure it was over the Summer but I can’t remember at all who was the author of the look or anything else apart from the look (if you know who did it let me know so I can tag her) it had a really intense blue on the lid and a warm brown in the crease that I thought was so interesting.
The second inspiration was a look that Kim Kardashian did ages ago that I stumble upon the other day and lastly, I had this gorgeous blue in the Urban Decay Palette I used that I was DYING to play with but never had: so I thought, what a better occasion to play with it than this?
Overall I’m really happy for how the look turned out and as always it’s super easy the key is to blend, blend, blend.
- Primer: NYX Angel Veil Primer
- Foundation: L’Oréal Infallible 24H Matte (Shade: Natural Rose)
- Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (Shade: NC20)
- Powder:Maybelline Matte Maker (Shade: Nude Beige)
- Bronzer: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil
- Blush: Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
- Highlighter: Smashbox Spotlight Palette (Shade: Pearl) I used the middle shade and the most glittery one called Crank It Up and Turn It On.
- Brows: NYX Tame & Frame Brow Pomade (shade: Brunette) + Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Filler Mascara (shade: Medium Brown)
- Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Eyeshadows: Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette, I used Tempera all over the lid to set the primer and to make blending easier. Then I took a mixture of Raw Sienna and Burnt Orange and I applied it into the crease to create a diffuse look. With a smaller blending brush, I went into the crease with the shade Danger from the Urban Decay Palette they did in collaboration with Gwen Stefani (it was limited edition but you can find this shade of blue from different brands like MAC, NYX or Kiko) to create a more delicate transition. Blended everything with the brush I used with the oranges. With a wet flat brush I put the blue all over the lid and on the lower lashline and blended one more time. On the inner corner and brow bone, I used the Smashbox Spotlight Palette as I did on the face.
- Eyeliner: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper + Sephora Kohl and Liner in Intense Black in the upper and lower waterline.
- Mascara: L’Oreal Lash Paradise + Eylure Volume 100 Lashes
- Lipstick: NYX Lip Lingerie in Bedtime Flirt.
To set it all in place I used the Essence Instant Matt Setting Spray
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
You can also find me on
The links in the post are affiliates, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.