A couple of years ago Glossy make up had a boom and it was seriously everywhere, at least on magazines, the problem with glossy make up is that although is stunning it doesn’t last, at all.
So it’s fun if you are planning a photoshoot or something on that line but it’s a pain to wear for any other occasion, apart from not lasting it’s also quite annoying if you have hair, they stick to gloss like a dream.
That being said, I wanted to try this trend so badly so I created this Groungy Gloss #MakeupMonday, just for fun, I’m not in the best mood today but make up always cheers me up. Overall I love the way it turned out, it’s very easy and it looks great in pictures.
I liked the idea of having a black liner smudged underneath, it gave to the glossy lid a bit more grounge and “sexyness”, by the way, the Fenty Gloss I used (yes, always it) looks like lip fillers in a bottle, it’s amazing with this look. Here you can see the in dept review.
- Primer: NYX Angel Veil Primer
- Foundation: Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation in 2N (I’m currently testing it out, I have a sample and the review is coming on Friday)
- Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20
- Powder: Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder
- Bronzer: Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer in Bronzer
- Blush: Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
- Highlighter: Smashbox Spotlight Palette in Pearl, I used all three shades.
- Brows: Maybelline Total Temptation Eyebrow Definer (shade: Soft Brown) + Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Filler Mascara (shade: Medium Brown)
- Eyeshadow: Smashbox Spotlight Palette in Pearl, I used all three shades on the inner corner and browbone.
- Eyeliner: Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Black Fever, I used it to thightline and line around the eyes which I then smudged.
- Mascara: Maybelline Total Temptation
- Lipgloss: Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow
Gloss: I dabbed the Lanolips Multipurpose Superbalm on top of my eyelids and on top of my cheekbones.
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
Follow @blushydarling on:
The links in the post are affiliate, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.