Hi Darlings, in today’s post I’m going to share with you My Morning Skincare Routine and next week I’m goint to tell you everything about my nighttime one.
My skin has been one of my biggest concerns growing up. I have a microcystic ovary which resulted in acne and oily skin (among many other problems), so I always had to take care of it and be careful of what I use which means I always do these steps no matter what!
I’m going to share with you my skin story so you have some references to know if these products would work for you. I use them all the time and I love them.
My Skin Story
As I said, my skin has been one of my biggest concerns growing up. I had cystic acne and oily skin for most of my teens and I have rosacea (which essentially means that my cheeks are very red and a bit uneven). I went to countless dermatologists but no one fixed anything.
When I was 17 I went on holiday to Genoa where most of my family lives and my uncle (who deals with acne) bought me the antibiotic he used to use and that thing was magic. I started taking it that Summer doing two boxes every three/five months up until now.
The antibiotic did magic and cleared out most of my issues so from when I was 17 to a few months ago my skin has been combination with some acne scars and rosacea on my cheeks.
In the past few months, though something changed again, my skin got drier so I had to change my skincare to target that dryness, so now it’s more targeted to keep my skin balanced and if gets drier or oilier I usually treat it with face masks. I did a post about them you can check it here: QUIZ | What’s The Perfect Mask For You? if you want to learn more.
My Morning Skincare Routine
My morning skincare routine is quick and simple.
- Garnier Organic Lemongrass Detox Gel Wash: I use this gel to cleanse my skin. I like it because it cleans really well, it’s fresh but it doesn’t dry my skin out. Plus it smells like lemon which it’s lovely in the morning. I also like that the formula is organic and the packaging is recyclable.
- Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb: I’ve talked about this eye cream before, do you have any idea of how hard is to find a hydrating eye cream that is not anti-ageing that doesn’t cost a ton of money? So this eye cream is still expensive but I bought it in October and I’m still using the same tub (which I’m almost out of) so if I have to repurchase it every 8-9 months I’m fine with the splurge. This cream is super intense, it works amazingly under make up and I think it’s perfect if you are like me and you only need a hydrating cream.
- GLAMGLOW GLOWSTARTER Mega Illuminating Moisturizer, I’ve been using this as my morning cream because it is slightly tinted and with a glow so I love it under make up. But I have to say more about it. I AM ADDICTED TO THIS! First of, it has the most amazing scent. It’s like orange vanilla, it’s incredible and it makes waking up less terrible. Second, it gives the skin the best glow and pore minimizing effect it honestly makes you look like you are wearing an Instagram filter. Third, it’s hydrating but not greasy, it absorbs quickly and leaves the skin plump. I never splurge on face cream, LIKE EVER, but after getting a sample of this I had to have it so you know it’s good.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch, If I’m going out I always use sunscreen, I like this one because it’s not greasy so I can use it underneath make up and it’s not too pricey.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Kiss’r Luscious Lip Balm, I use this lip balm all through the day because I don’t want my lips to get dry. You can read more about it in my recent review but essentially I like it because I can use the applicator to put it on (it means I don’t have to use my fingers which I find kind of gross through the day), it’s hydrating and lightweight.
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
You can also find me on
The links in the post are affiliates, which means I get a small percentage from the sales if you use my link. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for the item, and absolutely does not influence my choice of items to show you.