Hi Darlings, in today’s post we are going to talk about the Bali Body Ultra Dark Self Tanning Mousse.
I don’t know about you but I’m so tired of being pale as a ghost so now that warm weather is upon us I’m ready to burst out my self tanner and look a bit more alive.
Bali Body is always my choice because quite frankly, I’m not a pro when it comes to sunless tanners and their formula is so easy to work with, even I can’t screw up.
Today I’m going to show you the Ultra Dark mousse which will give you the darkest fake tan possible.
You can buy it from the Bali Body website for 30,95$
Last year, I did a super detailed post on how to prep beforehand, how to remove it and I’ve answered A LOT of beginners’ questions so if you are just starting, I highly recommend you read that post first.
Enriched with soothing chamomile extract, antioxidant coffee seed extract and rejuvenating pomegranate extract to leave your skin looking flawless and feeling hydrated and glowing. This formula is also 100% DHA free and vegan friendly
The mousse has a beautiful olive undertone which I love on me, I feel like it looks the most natural and I’m obsessed with it.
How to use it
The night before:
Again, if you want more detail refer back to last year’s post but in short, the night before you have to:
- 1- Exfoliate, all over the body paying particular attention to the areas that tend to be drier (and self tanner likes to cling to dryness): elbows, knees, side of my ankles and hands.
- 2- Shave or Wax
- 3- Moisturize
The Day Of:
1) Apply Self Tanner
I used the Bali Body Luxe Tanning Mitt, by using a mitt you get a streak-free and smoother application. It also stops your hands from staining.
- Shake well
- Using the mitt start from your ankles up and apply the tanner in long sweeping motions.
- Ask your mom/boyfriend/girlfriend/sister to do your back. Some people use a hanger to create an extension to put it on themself. That sounded way too pro for me so I asked for help.
- Once it’s everywhere run the mitt on your feet and hands. Don’t use any additional product and make sure to cover only the top part. You can make a claw with your hand to cover between the knuckles and the fingers.
- Wait until touch dry before putting clothes on, it took about 5 minutes but I waited for 10 just the be sure. Wear a baggie T-Shirt and shorts, possibly black or that you don’t care if they got stains on. Mine was black and didn’t stain.
- You can wash it off after 3 hour but to get a longer lasting darker tan wait for 8 hours.
Take a shower and pat dry. You can use soap but don’t use a sponge. Moisturize afterwards to make the tan last longer.
Here’s my before and after:
The result is a very natural, medium-dark tan. In the before you can see I’m very fair and I don’t tan much in the sun. The colour I got is the colour I would be if I tanned in the sun so it doesn’t look weird or orange on me.
On the face:
In case you were curious, I don’t use this one on the face, I actually use their Gradual Face Tanner which I’ve been using since last year and it’s amazing.
It’s super easy to use, it doesn’t make me breakout and looks gorgeous on.
Ethereal Spring Look #MakeupMonday
I really hope you guys enjoyed it, don’t forget to like, comment and share to let me know all your thoughts and if you have any question.
You can also find me on
I was not compensated for this post, however, I did receive all the Bali Body products free of charge in exchange for this review. The links in the post aren’t affiliated. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply